The Settlement Forum
Welcome guest ! <br>
<br>Please Log-In Or Register.
The Settlement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Settlement Forum

Welcome to the Settlement Official Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to hire a Web Master

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirius
Server Owner
Forum Hoster

Sirius

Going to hire a Web Master Empty
PostSubject: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 am

Going to hire a Web Master WarningA New Webmaster
Hello.
Today, I am searching for a new webmaster, with experiances, of course. Most knowledge as possible, is what I am seeking for. The job includes working on the forum with

1. Creating ranks
    Creating boards
    Editting basic things
    Keep the forum clean
    Keep the forum updated
    Doing missions

The one who gets hired, will be set as Operator immediately, and got greater chances for being an Server Administrator. You need a few requirements, and things that would be a plus if you knew how to

MySQL Code
HTML Code
CSS Stylesheet
Java Scripting
Speak proper English ( No 1337 language )
Experiance with phpBB2 Control panels
Designing

If you are interested in this, post a reply including your knowledge and personality. Explain to me who you are, and what you know regarding this.

Best regards,

- Fulu
Back to top Go down
https://thesettlement.darkbb.com
Szgan
Advanced Builder
Scripter

PostSubject: Re: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Heloooo

Straight to to point:
MySQL -> check
HTML -> check (nitpicking: it aint code, its a markup language)
CSS -> check (again nitpicking: Stylesheet in the "question" is redundant as CSS stands for Cascading StyleSheets :p)
Javascripting -> check (both web and unity)
i speak proper english, it ain't my motherlanguage but i do my best (and i hate leetspeak)
I have experience with phpbb2 (and 3), altho it's not my most favorite forum software (favorite = SMF) but that doesn't matter, i can work with it ^^
It depends on what point you mean designing, but overall its a yes

i am knowledgeable about enough things, not the same amount in everything tho.
have experience in multiple programming/scripting language (ranging from basic to advanced) including, but not limited to C#, Java, JavaScript and LUA

my personality is..euhm..easy going, relaxed, quick to think of solutions (multiple ones in a short time)
bad points: curious :p even tho i view that as a better point, i use too much emoticons to express my "emotion" in a sentence, sometimes nitpicky about things that don't matter (like i did :p)
sometimes i try to take leadership (not as in taking over, but for example, in a group, i try to organize everyone so the task goes smoothly), but on the other hand, i know my place, so i will not go in against higher ups (only when needed, which usually only happens when someone higher up is out of control)

maybe a point of reference too: i am a content manager at ModDB, here is my profile there -> http://www.moddb.com/members/sigma
it is mostly behind the scenes stuff, we judge, correct and authorize content for the site like articles, downloads, mods, games, groups, companies, etc...
i started getting the developer banter group going again by doing interviews and other articles

if there are any other que
Back to top Go down
Sirius
Server Owner
Forum Hoster

Sirius

PostSubject: Re: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Very impressive. Good effort, and I'm interested. You seems to have all I need. Hired, and do you have MSN `? I would like to talk to you before I give you the administrator powers.
Back to top Go down
Szgan
Advanced Builder
Scripter

PostSubject: Re: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Msn: dark_raver9@hotmail.com
or on IRC :p
i'm always on skype tho, usualy lurk on msn in offline state :p
Back to top Go down
Sirius
Server Owner
Forum Hoster

Sirius

PostSubject: Re: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Added your MSN. Hopefully, We will reach contact there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to hire a Web Master   Going to hire a Web Master Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to hire a Web Master
Page 1 of 1